Many of the world’s greatest achievers in business, sport and other endeavours work with a coach. Without them, they say they would never have achieved so much. But here are…
15 REASONS WHY YOU MAY NOT NEED AN EXECUTIVE COACH
1. You alone are more than capable of developing your plans for success based on your values, personal strengths and weaknesses, background and assets. You do not need anyone to assist and guide you in developing a clearly focused and defined vision for your career, business or organisation.
2. You know all the most stimulating and challenging questions you need to ask yourself to evoke the quality of answers that enhance the quality of your life. You do not need anyone else to compose and ask you these questions.
3. You always stretch yourself to the limits of what you are capable of. You do not need anyone to help you identify and explore entire areas of potential you may have never considered before.
4. You are never embarrassed to share your ideas with your colleagues without fear of being criticised or being judged. Or you can make executive decisions alone and with total confidence you are making the right decision. You do not need anyone else to act as a sounding board for your ideas.
5. You have written goals, you know precisely what you have to do to achieve them, when to do them and you always do them. You do not need anyone to keep you accountable and help you stay on track.
6. You truly believe anything is possible and you make things happen. You do not need anyone to point out when you are allowing your limiting beliefs and non-positive thoughts to hold you back.
7. You are able to step back from working in the business and have the time and ability to work on the business and look at it from different perspectives. You do not need anyone to help give you a different perspective, to point out to you what you need to know, but cannot or will not see, or provide you with objective and constructive feedback on your blind spots.
8. Your get objective feedback from your team, business associates, friends and family, all of whom are completely trustworthy and qualified. They have no possible hidden agendas, other vested interests, or conflicting beliefs. They have your very best interests in mind when providing feedback and counsel to you. You do not need anyone else to give you objective feedback.
9. You lead from the front and have dedicated and committed followers throughout your business. You do not need any help or advice to lead change, overcome resistance and unleash the potential of all your employees.
10. Pent up frustrations, anger, and disappointments never impair your good judgment, and relationships. You do not need anyone as a secure, safe, and confidant to vent, when necessary.
11. You know precisely where to go and who to speak with to continually upgrade your skills and think outside the box. You do not need anyone to help you stay ahead of the curve and become a better leader.
12. Your team is a supportive and nurturing source of energy, through great times and bad times. You do not need anyone to help celebrate your successes and be a source of strength when you fail.
13. You are capable of creating a great culture in your business, and to devise a plan to integrate all players into this enhanced culture. You do not need anyone to help you improve the existing culture of your company or organisation.
14. You already have all the contacts you need and can turn to, to help you overcome any challenges. You do not need anyone to act as a ‘matchmaker’ for you.
And finally, 15. Many leading economists predict that ‘prosperity as we have known it for many years is likely to come to an end in 2017’, and we are entering what will possibly be one of the worst periods ever, since records began. They are predicting that tens of thousands of businesses in the UK will fail.
But you and your team have the experience and foresight to handle all the challenges that will be thrown at you and your business will continue to prosper. You do not need anyone who has been in business long enough to have experienced and successfully overcome some of the greatest economic challenges to business in the last 50+ years.